Testosterone Therapy in Madison MS – Say Goodbye To The Symptoms of Low Testosterone
Healthy young women have 3 times more testosterone than they do estrogen.
Replacement of testosterone alone relieves virtually all of the symptoms and menopause:
- Hot flashes
- Decrease sex drive
- Vaginal dryness
- Decreased bone density
Testosterone in the first hormone to decline in women, beginning at age 30.
Testosterone is both the least risky and most beneficial hormone to replace in women.
Benefits of testosterone replacement in women:
- Increase energy by increasing growth hormone
- Increase sex drive by increasing oxytocin
- Increase muscle growth and bone strength
- Increase skin tone and stimulates collagen production
- Decrease anxiety and improves mood by increasing serotonin and norepinephrine
- Increase lean body mass and decreases cellulite by improving insulin resistance
- Improves sleep by increasing melatonin
- Decreases the risk of breast cancer and cardiovascular disease
- Improves joint pain by increasing synovial fluid and suppressing inflammation
We supplement testosterone in women using a subcutaneous injection which is self injected every 10 days. The therapeutic window for testosterone in women is narrow and requires precise, customized dosing to avoid unwanted effects. We are able to measure the testosterone level at follow up visits, allowing us to precisely control the testosterone level for each patient.
At first visit, blood is drawn for comprehensive lab work to assess general health, hormone levels, inflammation, and insulin resistance. A body composition analysis is also done.
The second visit is with one of our physicians to review the lab values and formulate a treatment plan.
Subsequent visits are to assess the treatment results and measure the testosterone level if it is being supplemented.